RBBX 41308 / PAXX 8263
Originally built in 1949 by the Budd Company for the Pennsylvania Railroad’s Fleet of Modernism streamliners as a 21 roomette sleeper as the Lima Inn numbered 8268. In 1957 it was renamed John Pitcairn who was a Scottish Major who fought in the Revolutionary War. The car was rebuilt in 1963 into a 72 seat coach to supplement the railroad’s World’s Fair capacity as car 1512. The car then went to serve with the Penn Central and later New Jersey Transit before being sold to the Union Railroad Historical Society in 1989. Ringling bought the car in 1992 for use in the Blue Unit. Paxrail purchased the car in 2017. It was renamed Lima Inn and numbered PAXX 8268.